A Call to Action, An Investment in Your Community
Burbank has deep roots in the aviation industry and is now forging a new identity as the hub of the entertainment industry. Businesses – big and small – are drawn to its diverse and prosperous marketplace. Residents appreciate the small-town feel, the abundant resources and access to local government. The Bob Hope Airport provides a convenient and cost effective way to access the Los Angeles area. It’s a culturally-rich and thriving environment, one where police services enhance the quality of life. Thanks to the efforts of the Burbank Police Department, Burbank ranks as one of the safest cities in the United States.But as the city grows, so do the demands placed on the Department. Hampered by budgetary restraints, the Burbank Police Department needs a way to access the tools, technology and training that are currently unfunded. That’s where the Burbank Police Foundation has stepped in to support Burbank Police Department operations.The Burbank Police Foundation, a nonprofit community organization founded in 2013, has forged a solid partnership between the Burbank Police Department and the constituency it serves in order to enrich the community and enhance police services. Comprised of residents, business owners, community leaders and active members of the Burbank Police Department, the BPF’s vision is to:
- Provide financial support for public safety programs through fundraising efforts
- Develop and coordinate educational programs focusing on safety
- Encourage every citizen to become actively involved in fighting crime
- Recognize outstanding professional achievements, acts of heroism, and community contributions
Join us today. Invest in your community by backing Burbank Blue!
Contributions at any level are deeply appreciated and really do make a difference!
83 Cents of every dollar donated goes directly to programs and events that support the BPF mission.
The Burbank Police Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organized and supported by Burbank residents, the local business community and members of the Burbank Police Department independent of The City of Burbank. Tax ID 72-1588601
Options to donate
Just a few of our Foundation achievements include –
- “Arrive Alive,” a dramatic and interactive program for high school students that graphically demonstrates the dangerous consequences of distracted driving
- Matthew Pavelka Scholarship Awards, an annual scholarship program honoring fallen Burbank Officer Matthew Pavelka by acknowledging and commending high school seniors who have demonstrated outstanding effort in the pursuit of a vocational or educational goal
- Annual Police Awards Luncheon to recognize and honor the outstanding achievements of our men and women in blue, as well as members of the community